A message from Devin Deegan:
We are excited to introduce the Supervising Students Mini Conference (presented by WiGROW). Join supervisors of student-employees from across campus and our community in this thought-provoking mini-conference which will provide an opportunity to exchange ideas while engaging in a variety of topics on best practices related to supervising student-employees. The mini-conference consists of 7 sessions occurring November 10th-12th. You are welcome to attend any or all of the sessions provided as part of the series. All sessions will take place in a virtual setting (Blackboard Collaborate) and will be one hour in length. We would greatly appreciate your help in sharing these opportunities within your teams and circles, if possible.
- November 10th 12 pm | Session on The LGBTQ+ Student Experience
- November 10th 2:30 pm | Session on Engaging Student Staff in a COVID Environment
- November 11th 11 am | Session on Having WiGROW Conversations in the Time of COVID
- November 11th 3 pm | Session on Collaborative Problem Solving
- November 12th 10 am| Session on Engaging Leaders through Student Employment
- November 12th 11 am | Student Panel on Being a Student in 2020
- November 12th 3 pm | Session on Planning for What’s Next
More information including descriptions of each session can be found here: https://studentjobs.wisc.edu/ssmc/.
Questions can be directed to Devin.
|Devin Deegan – Student Employment and Engagement Specialist|
|Special Awards & Student Engagement
Office of Student Financial Aid ǀ University of Wisconsin-Madison
Please consider a donation to the Covid-19 Emergency Student Support Fund: www.supportuw.org/giveto/emergencysupport