This reminder from John Lease at University Staff Shared Governance:
Nominations are still being accepted for the UNIVERSITY STAFF RECOGNITION AWARD. We will be accepting nominations until April 28th at 1:00 pm.
You can submit nominations directly to me. I’ll pass them along to the Awards Selection Committee Members for their review. Ultimately, that five-person committee of University Staff shared governance, will select 10 winners.
Each member of the Awards Selection Committee is free to review and interpret the submitted nominations as they see fit, and come to their own conclusions independently, as well as to discuss their analysis in a collective way within the confines of a committee meeting. While there are no specific requirements to include in a nomination, when preparing one, the Committee asks that you consider these qualities –
- Promoting the image of the department or university through the continual extension of service and courtesy to students, employees, and the public
- Consistently promoting excellence in him/herself and colleagues
- Exhibiting leadership and maintaining grace under pressure/deadlines/crisis situations
- Initiating/recommending innovative ideas which are implemented and result in better service or efficiency
- Community service outside the university or within the university but not part of job responsibilities
- Behavior or personality that makes the workplace more pleasant.
You can send the nomination directly to me, as a Word document. Be sure to include your name and the name and job title of the person you are nominating. Beyond that, simply tell their story in up to 600 words.
Secretary of the University Staff
PS – Ten winners will be named, and everyone who is nominated will have their name placed on a published, ‘Roll of Honor’.