Have an awareness of your non-verbal communication

It’s well known that good communication is the foundation of any successful relationship, be it personal or professional. It’s important to recognize, though, that it’s our nonverbal communication—our facial expressions, gestures, eye contact, posture, and tone of voice—that speak the loudest. The ability to understand and use nonverbal communication, or body language, is a powerful tool that can help you connect with others, express what you really mean, and build better relationships.

communicatingIn a recent Leadership Improv session from the IT-Connects team, they spoke about how our words are only about 7% of the message we convey — non-verbal communications like our expression, tone, and more are the remaining 93%. Make sure you are aware of how you share information with your team!

Read this article for more information.